I have been wanting to try making donuts (doughnuts?) for a while now but have been avoiding it due to the time involved mixing, kneading, rising, kneading, rising again, rolling, cutting and frying the things. I knew that by the time I was done breakfast would be long since past unless I got up way to early. Thus when I saw these on a few different food blogs I was intrigued. These donuts are as simple as:
1. Open tube of biscuits. (I used a tube of 10 store brand buttermilk type)
2. Cut hole out of center. (I used the bottom of a pastry tip)
3. Fry in 350 degree oil until golden brown, flipping halfway through.
4. Stop to admire the beautiful roses your hubby bought you ‘just because’.
5. Coat in cinnamon and sugar or powdered sugar.
6. Devour all 10 (including the cute donut holes) in less than a day.*
*In my defense, Steve ate half of them.