I guess I should have chosen a slightly less busy plate to show off these little savory muffins of yummyness. I feel like it’s a Where’s Waldo picture with the muffins hiding in plain sight like that sneaky Waldo character.
The muffins themselves are really great. Easy to make (dump and mix and bake) with all sorts of morsels of deliciousness hiding inside. But paired with the Chipotle butter…. be still my heart. Sweet and just enough heat to tingle the tongue but not have to enough to light a fire.
Try them, you’ll love them.
Mini Chile Corn Muffins with Chipotle Butter
slightly adapted from Sandra Lee
1 (14.5 oz) box of honey cornbread mix
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
1 (11 oz) can Mexi-corn
2 tsp fajita seasoning
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 tbs honey
1 tbs Chipotle Hot Sauce (I used Tabasco brand)
2 tbs Chipotle seasoning (I used McCormick)
To make the muffins:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 2 (24-count) mini muffin pans.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients until blended.
3. Spoon batter into mini-muffin tins, filing to the rim.
4. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
To make the butter:
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl until blended.