I’ve sat down to write this blog about 10 times in the past few days. I just can’t seem to get the thoughts out of my head and onto the computer. This pretty much exemplifies why it’s time to press my reset button. There are so many things I want to be doing but just can’t seem to get up off my lazy behind and do them. Time for a re-evaluation of how I’m spending my time and what my true priorities should be. And I’m taking Steve with me. Wahahaha! (evil laughter)
For the month of October, in no particular order:
1. No tv. One of the biggest reason I’m not getting anything done for the betterment of myself in the evenings it the darned television. It rarely gets turned on from the time we get home until Rose goes to bed as we are too busy making dinner and playing with our daughter but as soon as she is asleep, on it goes. Then the rest of the evening is spent in front of it, allowing it to suck up the remains of the evening. Nothing is accomplished except a little Facebooking on the laptop. When this month is over I’m doing a thorough analysis of the shows that I watch and take out of the lineup any that I don’t really like. I’m guessing I will be able to take out at least half.
There will be a few exceptions. Tuesday Boyscout Night with my mom and NCIS. It’s a tradition that I love. Movies from my dvd collection while I bake and knit. It keeps both of them fun. And last, hopefully at least one ‘date’ movie with Steve.
2. No candy, caffeine or processed foods. You hear that honey? If you bring me my beloved mocha from Old Town Deserts it must be DECAF. I don’t want to do a total ‘cleanse’ but I need to get this crap out of my body. It’s not helping. On that note, today (October 1st) had been very hard to stay awake at work. I’m not looking forward to the caffeine headache I’m going to get tomorrow when I start going through withdrawal. Ugg.
The exceptions here. Most likely I will steal some of Rose’s Halloween candy on the 31st. I’m just not that strong. And any sugar and caffeine (via chocolate) that I ingest due to any baked goods I make this month will be acceptable although moderated.
3. I will make a list of things I would like to get done and try to at least start one per night. I have piles of half finished craft projects and who knows the last time I dusted the house. I have a 1/4 finished baby blanket that I started BEFORE I was pregnant. I want to get back into the genealogy of my family again and finally print out and scrapbook stuff from where I left off (2005). I want to bake/cook the recipes that I have piled up in my cabinet. I have a whole stack that I have made once, liked but am not sure if they are good enough to put in the permanent file. The list goes on.
4. I will take advantage of the fact that I can read a book uninterrupted with Rose asleep and READ.
5. I will spend more quality time with Steve. We haven’t had that much since Rose was born. She is old enough now for us to rediscover each other again.
6. Spend more time with my horse. He is not ridable but I can pet him, groom him and generally love all over him. I haven’t done near enough of that since Rose was born. He deserves more.
7. Take some time to evaluate where I am in life and where I want to be going. Nuff said.
So I have blogged it, so it shall be. 😉