Having a party? Make these.
Having the guys/gals over for the big game? Make these.
Hosting Sunday brunch? Make these.
Pregnant cravings? Make these.*
*With nitrate free bacon of course 🙂
It’s Wednesday and you need something yummy to get you through the week? Make these.
Yes, they are that good.
Bacon Apple Jalapeño Poppers
Adapted from Aarti Party
4 oz light cream cheese, at room temp
1 small Granny Smith apple, cored and minced
salt and pepper to taste
10 strips of thin sliced bacon, cut in half
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with crumpled foil (to catch the grease).
2. In a medium bowl, stir the cream cheese until smooth. Mix in the apples and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Slice each jalapeño in half lengthwise and cut out the membranes and seeds. A small measuring spoon works great for this. You can add to the spiciness by leaving a little bit of membrane.
4. Fill each jalapeño half with the cream cheese mixture. Wrap each pepper with a bacon half and secure with a toothpick.
5. Put the peppers on the prepared baking sheet and bake until the bacon is browned on the bottom, about 30 minutes. Let cool for at least 5 minutes to prevent a burnt tongue.