This recipe comes from my hubby’s grandfather’s friend Vaughn. She was visiting a few years ago and made this for us when we stopped by for dinner. Once I ate it I knew I had to have the recipe. I was especially pleased when I found out how darned easy it is to make. It’s a dump dump dump mix bake recipe. Have a box of cake mix in the pantry? Have some pecan’s in a frost covered bag in the freezer? Have some leftover sour cream languishing in the back of the fridge? Done! Love those!! It’s sweet, cinnamony, pecany (is that a word?) and very moist.
Pecan Coffee Cake
1 box Duncan Hines Butter Cake Mix
3/4 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
2 heaping Tbs brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix all ingredients except brown sugar and cinnamon together.
3. Pour half of the batter into a greased bundt pan.
4. Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the batter. Swirl gently with knife.
5. Pour remaining batter on top of the mixture.
6. Bake for 1 hour or until it is golden brown and slightly pulling away from the sides of the pan.
7. Let cool for 15 minutes in the pan and then turn out onto a plate to cool completely.